Renewable Energy, Afforestation, Climate Change and Impact Investments
NewAfrica Impact is a developer, investor and advisor founded in 2018. The Partners have worked together for decades and individually implementing complex projects in Africa and Europe. We have more than 150 years record from Renewable Energy, Forestry, Landscape Restoration, Agriculture, Climate Change and Impact Investments. Our experience varies from starting up and developing companies to working for leading international organisations in highly regulated environments. We develop and invest in:
- Modern bioenergy businesses with advanced projects in several countries, exploring the untapped potential for bioenergy and attractive renewable energy baseload investment opportunities in Africa.
- Landscape restoration projects based around a commercial core creating sustainable benefit for local stakeholders and market returns to investors. These projects will become the key substance of natural climate solutions.
- Bio-economy projects focused on wood-based materials.
We build new businesses and creating large, positive developmental, environmental and social impacts.
- Restored 100,000 ha of forest landscapes and sequestrated millions of CO2 by establishing 40,000 ha new forests
- Engineered new bioenergy plants particularly suited for African climates
- Designed, built and operated seven new factories in Africa, including two heat plants
- Implemented several smallholder agriculture, agroforestry and forestry programs, benefiting more than 10,000 farmers
- Implementing restructuring reducing costs by more than 60% in on-going businesses
- Registered the world’s first voluntary A/R carbon project and developed a range of offsetting projects
- Certified Africa’s largest FSC plantation forests (ex RSA)
- Award and implementation of a dozen 3rd party financed development projects
- 100 years of combined experience in Africa. Established meritocratic organisations at the global cutting edge of the industry
- Produced business plans, research and investment recommendations over 1000s of well-argued pages of presentations
- Raised $250m equity for impact investments in Africa
- Arranged $130m loans from six development banks
- Successfully exited several emerging markets investments